« Home | View » | Saguaro » | By The Time I Get To Arizona » | Quotable #1 » | Reconciling Efficiency With Humanity » | I'm Schroeder? I Hate Beethoven! » | Forget Destiny, WiFi & Cheap Heat Will Bring Us Pr... » | Southside Story--The Same Pigs At The Trough » | I Will Work For Access » | I'm Busy On November 15th. The Whole Day. I Mean... » 

Monday, November 07, 2005 

Quotable #2 Election Day Special

All voting is a sort of gaming, like checkers or backgammon, with a slight moral tinge to it, a playing with right and wrong, with moral questions; and betting naturally accompanies it. The character of the voters is not staked. I cast my vote, perchance, as I think right; but I am not vitally concerned that right should prevail. I am willing to leave it to the majority. Its obligation, therefore, never exceeds that of expediency. Even voting for the right is doing nothing for it. It is only expressing to men feebly your desire that it should prevail.

Henry David Thoreau
On Civil Disobedience

About me

  • I'm Phil
  • From Syracuse
My profile
www.flickr.com
Syruckus Phil At Sun's Syruckus photoset
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates