« Home | Hollywood Can Save The World » | Bruce Updates Seeger Sessions Album » | More Born To Run 30th Anniversary Swag » | Resting Up From All This Recuperation » | Some Meat Missing From Spitzer v. Suozzi Debate Bone » | Spitzer: You Gotta Fight, For Your Right, To Paaarty! » | Investment News: The 401 Keg Plan » | Spitzer-Suozzi Debate--Upstate Doesn't Exist » | Residency Requirements » | Keep Your Eyes On The Prize » 

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 

I Still Hate Math

Mathematicians believe that a longstanding puzzle about the nature of space and topology, termed Poincaré’s conjecture after the French mathematician that proposed the idea, has been proved correct.

According to the New York Times: "there is a growing feeling, a cautious optimism that they have finally achieved a landmark not just of mathematics, but of human thought."

Great, but why can't I balance my checkbook?


“Thought is only a flash in the middle of a long night, but the flash that means everything.”
--Henri Poincaré

About me

  • I'm Phil
  • From Syracuse
My profile
www.flickr.com
Syruckus Phil At Sun's Syruckus photoset
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates