« Home | Sometimes Upstate & NYC Work Together » | Rock 'n' Roll Quote Of The Year » | Wow! Reality Triumphs Over DestiNY? For How Long? » | Bruce In Saratoga » | Bruuuuce! » | Dancin' In The Dark. . . Folk-style! » | Racing On The Fridge » | Finally! » | How Can A Poor Man Stand Such Times And Live? » | My History In The Music Business » 

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 

Now I Can Root For Brazil

United States: my native home. Out after the first round, no victories, one moral victory tie.

Poland: my wife and in-laws native home. Out after the first round. One "for pride" victory over Costa Rica with big Polish crowd filing over the border.

Spain: Only European country I've visited. Advanced after great first round. Out after second round loss to France.

Mexico: only other country I've visited in World Cup. Loses in second round to Argentina.

Aaaaagh! Now what do I do?

Italy is out because of their dirty play against the U.S.

France knocked off Brazil, the coolest team in the world.

I'm torn between Germany and Portugal.

I'm a German-American, the two highest scorers are Polish-nationals (my in-laws native home) and Franz Beckenbauer (of the late and beloved NY Cosmos) is in charge of the World Cup.

Portugal is the Rodney Dangerfield of Europe--rich history, beautiful country--but no political influence and still terribly poor. Pl;us they speak Portugese--like Brazil (the aforementioned coolest team in the world).

Gotta go with Portugal!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Phil
  • From Syracuse
My profile
www.flickr.com
Syruckus Phil At Sun's Syruckus photoset
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates