« Home | The Amazing Adventures Of Clot Boy » | I Fight Evil For A Living » | Bruce & The Seeger Sessions Band At Saratoga--New ... » | Nuestro Himno--canción del año » | Farewell To Arizona » | It's Not Taxes, It's Housing Costs » | Alternatives To A Wall--Raise Wages, Keep Factorie... » | Bruce Day Part 2--The Album » | Council Does the Right Thing, Against Their Will » | Bruce Day Part 1--Good Morning America » 

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 

Hillary Sucks, My iPod Rocks

In a
recent speech to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
, Hillary Clinton got all cranky and whaled on "kids these days." According to N.Y.'s junior senator, kids don't appreciate the value of hard work and that modern technology like iPods, cable TV and the internet have created a kids with a need for instant gratification.

Well, I'm not a kid anymore, but these kind of blasts continue to piss me off. Please shoot me if I ever become the kind of middle-age person that makes gross generalizations about entire generations.

In response, 5 reasons my iPod is more valuable to me than my very junior U.S. Senator from NY State:

5) My iPod didn't singlehandedly screw our nation's chances at universal health insurance.

4) My iPod's only job is to serve me, it's not using me as a springboard to becoming a Tivo.

3) My iPod didn't tell me years ago that "it takes a village to raise a child" only to complain now that the village raised a bunch of spoiled brats.

2) My iPod treats me like an adult, playing anything I load. My iPod doesn't lecture me about morals and decency.

1) My iPod didn't vote in favor of the War In Iraq

Hey Phil, I know this is a stale post but I have to leave a comment to tell you I enjoyed this. Happened to surf over looking for lyrics to "Play Some Skynyrd" and the title caught my eye.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Phil
  • From Syracuse
My profile
www.flickr.com
Syruckus Phil At Sun's Syruckus photoset
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates