« Home | Oh What The Hell, I'll Vote For... » | I'm A Right- Sock Democrat » | My First Rule Of Politics--Pay Your Dues » | Because We Can, We Must » | Reading Is Revolutionary » | Let Them Call Me Rebel » | Vacation » | Save Our City! » | The Truth Shall Set You Free » | It's Only Rock 'n' Roll, But I Like It » 

Tuesday, August 31, 2004 

Copper John Gets New Look

The state of New York has some serious problems. The New York State Legislature has been described as the least democratic in the nation, failing to produce an on-time budget in 20 years. Schools across the state face severe budget deficits and possible layoffs of teachers. Upstate cities continue to shed manufacturing jobs, replacing them with low-paying service sector jobs. While these problems linger, at least the statue of the Continental soldier that has stood over Auburn Prison since 1848 will no longer sport an obscene bulge in his pants.

Maybe the same pin-headed bureaucrat in Albany that ordered Copper John's castration can look after the public morals of some other statues in New York. They could start with that saucy tart standing in New York Harbor. "Give me your tired, your poor, your wretched refuse yearning to breathe free." Now there's a girl who just can't say no.

About me

  • I'm Phil
  • From Syracuse
My profile
www.flickr.com
Syruckus Phil At Sun's Syruckus photoset
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates